Health Science II
A.S.N. Southwest Baptist University
B.S.N. Southwest Baptist University
Master of Nursing Education - Western Governors University
6 Years Industry Experience
Health Science II is available to the high school senior who is interested in obtaining employment as a Certified Nurse Assistant and who has successfully completed Health Science I. Students will learn why the human body operates as it does, how to prevent the spread of disease, and how to provide basic health care skills. They will become familiar with vocabulary and terminology of the medical world. The student also learns all the skills related to the duties of a nurse assistant. Through the combination of area health care facility, students are provided the opportunity of combining theory with clinical practice while being supervised by facility healthcare professionals and their instructor. Students should have a good math and science background as well as an interest in working with people.
- Apply the principles of personal hygiene and physical and mental health to self and others
- Identify the nurse assistant’s role as it fits into the organizational structure of a long-term health facility
- Identify responsibilities of the nurse assistant to the resident and health care team.
- Give nursing care using basic skills and techniques in performing uncomplicated nursing procedures according to program standards
- Administer nursing care to residents based on a plan of care and/or direction from charge personnel
- Exhibit attitudes and behaviors that indicate respect for resident’s rights in assisting residents with their activities of daily living. • Assist residents who are handicapped to return to or maintain health potential
CNA and within 6 months they are eligible to become a Medication Technician. Overall employment of nursing assistants and orderlies is projected to grow 11 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. As the baby-boom population ages, nursing assistants and orderlies will be needed to assist and care for elderly patients.
CNA Licensed Practical Nurse
Traveling Nurse Physician
Physical Therapist Sports Therapist